Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

YT- prefix instead of UA- prefix in webstore developer dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I use Google analytics in webstore developer dashboard to track installs of my extension. There is a special field for it in developer dashboard.

Screenshot_1.png

A few days ago my google analytics ID somehow changed from UA-XXXXXXXX-X to  UA-YTXXXXXXXX-X (with YT prefix).

I try to rewrite it to UA-XXXXXXXX-X and save (by "publish changes" feature)  - then i go back and changes in analytics text field is not saved (ID again becomes written with YT prefix).

Thus I have error messages like "Invalid Google Analytics account ID" and can't properly publish my extension.

I made a video with this bug  - https://youtu.be/S4TAlqbRZFc

So the only solution for me now - not to enter analytics ID in that field.

There was no changes of my analytics account and tracking number.

Here is discussion of similar issue - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/picasa/hDHYCjrEzUk

Please help me to resovle this issue. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YT- prefix instead of UA- prefix in webstore developer dashboard

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Boris,

I see that there is a link from someone in that post pointing you here but this is more of a forum for Website and mobile app implementations and you have an integration issue that is tied to the chrome store developer console. It's odd and looks frustrating. Have you posted this issue in those forums?

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: YT- prefix instead of UA- prefix in webstore developer dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi !

I have contacted web store support team - they are still analyzing this problem.

Hope they will help me.

YT- prefix instead of UA- prefix in webstore developer dashboard

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Remove the YT- or UA- prefix

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan