Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

When will the classic ga.js phased out?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Our property is upgraded to universal analytics however we are still running the ga.js codebase, we are aware that we need to upgrade but there has been no date set to when the old code will no longer be processed.

Does anyone have a date when the data will stop being processed so I know how quickly I need to act on upgrading everything - I know that its 2 years after deprecated but I don't know when that is/was.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When will the classic ga.js phased out?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,

I recall seeing April 2016 at one point but it appears those dates are no longer (easily) available. I have to ask, why are you still waiting? If your plan is to upgrade, as most of the Google documentation "strongly suggests", the time is now.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: When will the classic ga.js phased out?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Personally I wouldn't want to wait but its due to the prioritisation of various projects being worked on with in the development team - basically if there is a longer deadline it won't be as high priority.

I am basically looking for a blog post or an update from Google which states when they are planning on switching the ga.js data processing off to feed back to the development team.