AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

What is the Purpose of Adding Multiple GA Tracking Code on Single Website ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I have seen couple of websites which are targeting Multiple Countries, on their Home Page/Different Countries Sub-Domains there are Two Google Analytics Tracking Codes.

Why they have implemented like that ?

Regards,

Laxman kotte 

1 Expert replyverified_user

What is the Purpose of Adding Multiple GA Tracking Code on Single Website ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Can be a number of different reasons:

1. There is embedded content, or advertising, which includes GA tracking from another website who wish to track engagement with their plugin, banner, iframe whatever.

2. In the situation you describe, you could have one tracker which is on all your websites. This lets you see overall activity. You also have a separate tracker which is only on the country website. This lets you see activity for the only the country in question. Note: These need to be sending data to separate GA properties.

3. Old code has been left on the site.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.