Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Weebly and GA Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I've just installed Google Tag Assistant and noticed that the Weebly sites I manage seem to have multiple tags (3!) - I've only installed one Google Analytics tag in the header of my site and don't know where these two extra tags have come from and whether they are messing up my data or not.

Does anyone have experience of this and can you help me to understand why this is happening?

Thanks!

Nicky

2 Expert replyverified_user

Weebly and GA Tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Nicky, 

Without any experience in Weebly there are many ways you could accidentally be implementing 3 Analytics tags. 

(a) You've included Google Tag Manager in addition to your Analytics tag installed in the header. 

(b) You manually installed the tag but accidentally double pasted the tag.

(c) You're running an iFrame that is also using your Analytics tag.

There's many other ways. What i suggest you do is open the page source of the page that is registering 3 analytics codes and search for where they are - this should give you a good hint to what's going on!

Let me know how it goes!

- Josh 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Weebly and GA Tracking

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The reason this happens is because Weebly, like Wix et. al, use Google Analytics for their own tracking purposes.

It is therefore very common to see free hosting platforms' GA trackers show up in the list of tags detected by Tag Assistant and other tools.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan