AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Website Ownership Verification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to verify ownership of a website for YouTube. I am doing an alternate method since none of the others work. I put the code on the header of the page and it says the code might have been malformed. I don't know how else to do this, but some more information would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

Website Ownership Verification

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Google' verification (using Google Analytics method) requires:

1. You have to put the GA tracking code in the <head> section, not the <body> section, of your page. If you do not, verification will fail.

2. Use the GA code exactly as provided; do no modify it. If you modify it, verification will fail.

The main problem that I have seen many times it that websites automatically modify the GA snippet and then verification will fail. Take a look at your source code and make sure that your GA code is not modified/minified and you've used it exactly as provided.

Hope this helps.

Taavi