Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

WHAT TO DO to set up both desktop and mobile versions to work well with Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
WHAT TO DO to set up both desktop and mobile versions to work well with Google Search

Good day!!

I create websites with a program that is not compatible with responsive web design (Serif WebPlus X8). In order to have the webistes have the proper look and feel when viewed on a mobile device I create two websites (desktop and mobile) and upload the mobile version to a subdomain.

Example 1: www.vivirenlaverdad.org and the mobile version: m.vivirenlaverdad.org
Example 2. www.dulcebarbola.com   and the mobile version: m.dulcebarbola.com

-Do I need to have separate tracking ID's for desktop & mobile versions?
-Do I need to set up separate properties in Google Analytics?

I have heard that not properly doing this can cause a website to fall in the page rankings and maybe even be dropped from indexing completely

I want to set up everything so there is no conflict in search results & positioning, and take advantage of web master tools and analytics

Thank you in advance for you support

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I guess it depends on how you want to analyze your data. If you want to see all traffic from both mobile and desktop sites then you can just use one property for Example1 and another property for example 2. The tracking will track the subdomains. But if you have different page urls for each domain then you'd also want to apply a filter to include the the full domain name so you can see if they were on the mobile site or the desktop site. Or you could just use a property for the desktop and a property for the mobile. This wouldn't give you the ability to look at all the visitors from both desktop and mobile in one view.

In terms of rankings though, you'd need to ensure that if a user requests the mobile version from a desktop that you send him to the desktop version and vice versa for mobile users that request the desktop version.