AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

WEIRD URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if this question belongs to this board but I get this url in my report with a large amount of traffic and it redirects to a post page with a different (unique) url.  Any idea what does this mean?   /home?post_type=any

Thank you,

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.05.04 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clara H
1w

WEIRD URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Clara,

It seems that home is appended to each of your urls, please check your view settings, if you have home entered into the Default Page field, remove it in order to resolve this. Also if you want to get the post_type parameter ignored please enter post_type into the Exclude URL Query Parameters field in the view settings. The changes will affect only your future data. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clara H
1w

WEIRD URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Clara,

It seems that home is appended to each of your urls, please check your view settings, if you have home entered into the Default Page field, remove it in order to resolve this. Also if you want to get the post_type parameter ignored please enter post_type into the Exclude URL Query Parameters field in the view settings. The changes will affect only your future data. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

WEIRD URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold, 

Yes, I had "home" in the default field so I got rid of it and added the post_type into the Exclude URL Query Parameters field. I'll let you know if it works in a few days!

Thanks so much for your help!!

WEIRD URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your solution worked!  Thanks again.