AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

VIRTUAL PAGES AND ZERO BOUNCE RATE PROBLEM

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good evening all,

I decided to open this post because I need to solve a problem related with virtual pages implementation.

We decided to implement Virtual Pages by being able to group our content in analytics so that we can have a clearer vision about our content perfomance.

The problem we are facing is that we are double-counting pageviews in those sessions with an unique pageview. Thus the Bounce Rate in our report is getting to 0%.

I read one solution is to create a separate view and filter all hits to those virtual pageviews, but I would like to find something else that doesn't affect the whole property data gathering.

Any proposal that could help us to deal with this issue is more than welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

1 Expert replyverified_user

VIRTUAL PAGES AND ZERO BOUNCE RATE PROBLEM

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manuel,

Can you post a link to your site so we can check your setup?

Also if you can post what do you want to track and how, maybe we could suggest you a better solution.

Thanks.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital