AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Using someone else's analytic's code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We currently have a partner who, for whatever reason, seems to feel that they want their Google Analytic's code placing on our webpage and is very persistent in trying to have us upload it. I'm very reluctant to do this and as the 'IT guy' people seem to think that it is just me being funny about this, but at the very least I imagine they will have significant insight into our audiences however; could they potentially glean further information that I'm not thinking of? Or is there another benefit to them having their tracking code on our website?

If we place this in our header / footer then I imagine they could easily track conversions, but if this was only in the header on a single page what would be the effect? I still think that they would be seeing alot of customer information which would certainly effect our privacy policy. 

Does anyone else have any other thoughts? Maybe I'm being overly cautious.

Re: Using someone else's analytic's code?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Your concern is valid.
I would only put the analytics code on my site, if I own it.
You should adhere to privacy / security policy of your site and contact your respective teams.

Best Regards,
A.T.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Re: Using someone else's analytic's code?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Your description of your business partner's rationale sounds like a bunch of baloney. Don't proceed until you get a better technical and business reason. This is related to cross-domain tracking if your website and theirs is part of the same ecommerce check-out process and/or contribute to one 'franchise'.