AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Using Analytics on a site locked down by ip address, what ip addresses does Analytics use ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Before our site goes live, it is required to be restricted to a range of ip addresses

Do google list what sites/ip addresses are used by Google Analytics to gather data, so I can allow Analytics to see the website ???

The site itself  is hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud 

Re: Using Analytics on a site locked down by ip address, what ip addresses does Analytics use ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andrew,
Yes anlytics allow you to filter your data as per ip address.
Go to Analytics>Admin>View>Filters
Create a new filter and choose Filter Type "Predefined" Exclude traffic from the ip address.

I will suggest to create a new view instead of using by default view that you can keep as you master data.

Thanks
Vivek

Re: Using Analytics on a site locked down by ip address, what ip addresses does Analytics use ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Google cannot see the website, as access is restricted by an IP range, I need to modify this to allow Analytics to see the website, but I don't know what IP addresses are required as a minimum

At the moment, no traffic is shown in Analytics, as Analytics can't access the website

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Google doesn't restrict anyone to visit your website as per ip address filter, it just only filters your data to view into your analytics report.

I didn't get your point what you are looking for?

Thanks
Vivek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The site has been setup to be viewable only through a set ip range, Analytics isn't recording visits because it can't reach the website.

The site owners have restricted site access not Google, so I need to open up these ip address restrictions to include the ip addresses Google uses

I need the ip addresses or ip ranges it uses, to change the azure configuration to allow access to those ip addresses, so that Analytics can record traffic etc

Using Analytics on a site locked down by ip address, what ip addresses does Analytics use ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here and nobody was even able to undertand the question.. Smiley Happy

So again, if only people from a certain ip range can load my website (and Google IPs are not in this range). How can I use GA?

Is there an IP I can whitelist on my server to allow Google to see it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Marcos V

GA works sending the navigation information to a google's server, every time scripts runs, it try to access an external url (https://www.google-analytics.com/), this occurs on client's side, if this person has access to this server, the google analytics will works but, if there is some internal rule that's block this, nothing will go to GA.

It's not the analytics that needs to see your site, it's the user who has to see the analytics server.