AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

User ID Segmentation and Interests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to all! I was wondering if it is possible to know the interests, and segmentation data about each User Id separetly.
The idea behind this is to know for example what interests have in common those who made the most convertions, or those who generated the bigger revenue but by each User ID. We need this because on our platform, our clients are able to assign a calification to each "lead" or possible client who got in touch with them by doing a convertion. 

So then we would like to know the interests and segmentation data of those leads which our client gave a better calification score to see if there is any correletion between them.

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: User ID Segmentation and Interests

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ezequiel,

You can pass up to 20 additional dimensions into GA by using custom dimensions (or 200 on premium). You can then run your analysis bases on these additional dimensions. You cannot; however, pass anything that is personally identifiable. That said, you will need to pass some version of your userid as one of the dimensions.

More on Custom Dimensions:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/custom-dims-mets#overview

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn