AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

User Explorer data access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to get the event stream data surfaced in the recently released User Explorer. It looks like it is not surfaced through the API. Is it planned to be added? Do I have another option?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: User Explorer data access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Momchil,

if you want to query for these new dimensions in a query I believe these are now exposed in the new Reporting API V4. - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v4/

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, but I don't see it. When I go to the Dimensions & Metrics Explorer, there is nothing like that under the "Users" section. Only the old dimensions and metrics. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi, yes they updated the LTV and cohorts section yet client id is not available. An option would be to pass additional 2 custom dimensions where one would mimic the client / user id and the other the timestamp of each hit. The challenge would be to process all of this data outside GA.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

User Explorer data access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you mean - "An option would be to pass additional 2 custom dimensions where one would mimic the client / user id and the other the timestamp of each hit. "