Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Uploading hit data a day later

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an application where I can't access Google Analytics to do send up hit data real-time. We will have the data a day later with the timestamp of when the hit occurred so I will need to bulk upload the data with those timestamps. However, the documentation shows that all data with a queue time greater than 4 hours will not be processed. Is there any way of doing this so that the hit data will be processed?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan B
February 2016

Re: Uploading hit data a day later

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Evan,

There is no way to overcome it AND have it send to the same/proper day it was collected. Therefore, you are going to have to come up with a logical resolution to the issue.

My recommendation would be to push yesterday's data today. That is, you have all the data from yesterday so parse it out and push it hour by hour with a time stamp for today. So when you look at data for Feb7th, for example, it will actually be for the 6th. Then it just becomes a training issue for your analysts that data is 1 day in arrears.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan B
February 2016

Re: Uploading hit data a day later

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Evan,

There is no way to overcome it AND have it send to the same/proper day it was collected. Therefore, you are going to have to come up with a logical resolution to the issue.

My recommendation would be to push yesterday's data today. That is, you have all the data from yesterday so parse it out and push it hour by hour with a time stamp for today. So when you look at data for Feb7th, for example, it will actually be for the 6th. Then it just becomes a training issue for your analysts that data is 1 day in arrears.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn