Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Unwanted cookie in GA url sent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team

Maybe an unusual question. My url sent to Google analytics contains an unwanted cookie that is the reference to an an article I have on my site.

It is part of the _utmcc.

Wondering how I can get rid of the cookie reference in my url for Google Analytics? It comes up with every page sent to GA.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unwanted cookie in GA url sent

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,

You are using the old ga.js tracking code which has the _utmcc parameter. It is recommended to upgrade to Universal Analytics. You can find the Universal Analytics tracking code under Property -> Tracking Info -> Tracking code. There is no _utmcc parameter in Universal Analytics. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold

Thanks for your reply. I am using the Universal Analytics Tracking code (which doesn't have any reference to _utmcc). But in Google Tag Assistant report of my recording it is giving me a url which has a _utmcc parameter with an unwwanted cookie.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Can you please post your site URL so I can take a look at your setup? Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold, my URL is https://theworldlovesmelbourne.com/.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Everything seems to be fine with your setup, I checked with Google Tag Assistant and I cannot see any references to the _utmcc cookie. It must be a cookie in your browser dropped by the old ga.js tracking code.
Can you delete the cookies for your site and re-check with Tag Assistant to see if it still appears? If so, can you create a screenshot? Please let me know. Thanks.