AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Universal Analytics Tracking Code has conflicts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two properties / separate domains. Having originally published an older version to the second site that was not set up for analytics tracking,  I believe may have adopted the original analytics tracking code (my mistake) and when I started its own universal analytics account, it doesn't show activity which I believe is due to old code and new code conflicts.

These are not hand coded (the websites are from an older html generator program). How to delete the old code? If indeed this is the problem... are there any utilities within Google webmaster tools to deal with diagnostic and repair?

Thanks to anyone who may have a simple solution (feeling a bit over my head here). 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

in order to find the tracking code on your site, you can check your site code. the analytics tracking code would be in the head section just before the </head> tag and if not it will be in the body section just before the </body> section. the other way to find which tracking code is present on your site, you can install google tag assistant and it will show you all the tags on your site.

hope this help

kind regards

Noman Karim

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

How are the html pages generated? Is it a content management system? Maybe there is an option in the backend that enables google analytics. If you can share more details about your setup or share your site URL we could be of more help.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Universal Analytics Tracking Code has conflicts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
.Thanks for the info.
It's an issue with regard to the editing software that html code is more
difficult to get changes made. I have to dig into the support and user
blogs and read the program FAQs and it's probably not so much a Google UA
issue as a self-educational one..
Thanks just the same for your help.