Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Universal Analytics Tracking Code Implementation Format Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every time I try to add my code into the html of my Blogger template and save, the template changes every quotation mark in the code into ' and rendering the code useless. I've tried replacing the code multiple times, which the template doesn't really save as it tells me I haven't saved anything when I reload the page. As a test, I removed the quotation marks and the template saved perfectly fine, reloaded fine, but the code, of course, didn't work. I added the quotations back and the problem returned. The Tracking Code page still reads 'uninstalled' and I have found almost nothing pertaining to this issue online. Help?! My site is: animationdalmatian.blogspot.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kajsa R
November 2015

Re: Universal Analytics Tracking Code Implementation Format Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kajsa,

You don't need to add the Google Analytics to the template.

Blogger is a Google service and it makes easy to set up analytics.

Login to your Blogger account and go to Settings -> Other in the left nav, then scroll down to the Google Analytics section. You only need to add your property id to the Web Property ID field and save. Wait 24 hours for the data to be available in GA. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Universal Analytics Tracking Code Implementation Format Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much! I tried to figure this out before I went to get the code but couldn't find the information anywhere. Thanks again!