Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Unity WebGL analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

We have uploaded a browser game which uses Unity WebGL platform on our website. We took the google analytics tracking code and google tag manager tracking code and inserted that into the index.html file of our website. We are not getting any useful data other than for real time views when we log into the game to test the analytics. Even the real time views are not getting converted to sessions or users in the audience overview. Do you know if this is how google analytics is implemented for WebGL (input tracking code in index.html instead of actual unity package)? Is there some other way to track analytics on WebGL?

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user

Unity WebGL analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Jiaqi W,

It sounds like the user has no interaction with the page other than the game... that is there is no navigation taking place etc.  In this case I would expect you to see user and session counts but very little other interaction as all users would bounce after playing for 30 minutes (if there are no other navigation opportunities).

To see more in GA, you'd have to take advantage of any hooks and push data from the game using events.

That said you may want to follow up with Unity on this.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/web-player-support.355624/#post-2300911

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn