AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team

Just trying to understand the clear idea behind goal setting in GA. I can see destination/time spent etc... which are available in behavior section. How different is goal vs landing pages

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author madhu v
December 2016

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Navigation summary won't show visually you where people stop in a purchase process for instance

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Understanding Goals

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Funnels and visualization is a good feature available.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012040?hl=en#funnels_for_destination_goals

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've read this and I have noticed that this is just showing the same data which set a destination. Still I see mostly null as conversion rate

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Setting goals will allow you to see how many people reach a specific page, via a specific sequence, click a certain element or spend a certain number of minutes or view a certain number of pages 

This is a way to define expectations and measure performance

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Got it but if the same feature is available using Navigation Summary from Behaviour section. I can know previous and next path using navigation summary. 

So this is the place where I was tossed

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author madhu v
December 2016

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Navigation summary won't show visually you where people stop in a purchase process for instance

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I understand.. in that case will are goal for B2B as we need someone who contact us... we do not have any direct purchase model

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It still applies to B2B: if you're being asked how many times you were able to drive a conversion via a specific marketing channel or the percentage of sessions (visits) that drove a conversion, it's always easier and more practical to use goal-based metrics and KPIs instead of success-page metrics