3.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team

Just trying to understand the clear idea behind goal setting in GA. I can see destination/time spent etc... which are available in behavior section. How different is goal vs landing pages

1 Expert replyverified_user

Understanding Goals

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Funnels and visualization is a good feature available.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012040?hl=en#funnels_for_destination_goals

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've read this and I have noticed that this is just showing the same data which set a destination. Still I see mostly null as conversion rate

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Setting goals will allow you to see how many people reach a specific page, via a specific sequence, click a certain element or spend a certain number of minutes or view a certain number of pages 

This is a way to define expectations and measure performance

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Got it but if the same feature is available using Navigation Summary from Behaviour section. I can know previous and next path using navigation summary. 

So this is the place where I was tossed

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author madhu v
December 2016

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Navigation summary won't show visually you where people stop in a purchase process for instance

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Understanding Goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I understand.. in that case will are goal for B2B as we need someone who contact us... we do not have any direct purchase model

Understanding Goals

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It still applies to B2B: if you're being asked how many times you were able to drive a conversion via a specific marketing channel or the percentage of sessions (visits) that drove a conversion, it's always easier and more practical to use goal-based metrics and KPIs instead of success-page metrics