Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to load default URL for property web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting issue for "Bad Default URL error" where it says.

Unable to load default URL www.digitaldevnet.com for property web.

I checked many times that "Tracking ID" is correctly implemented

and Default property is correct "www.digitaldevnet.com".

Not sure how to resolve this issue, can someone guide me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asim Khan :-)
Couple of things to check

1) In the WP Admin Settings > Reading.. in Search Engine Visibility, make sure its not set to discourage search engines

2) Check the GA View Settings pages, there is no default page set (directly after the country/timezone settings)

3) Make sure there are no empty character spaces following the website url in the Property and View settings pages

If you are sure everything is setup as needed, you can click the diagnostic message in the interface and choose to ignore it. 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The issue is not resolve,

check this screenshot link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2p6uoy_7mF8RVNMRlhXREQ4b00?usp=sharing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1) In the first screenshot.. the /blog/ page should be entered as the posts page 

2) Have you followed best practice and left the initial default View without any filters applied to it?
This is done so as to always have a completely unedited copy of all site data should it be needed at any stage for reporting purposes, coz once you filter out data, it cant be recovered at a later time

3) Where are you seeing the message? When you click the red dot over the bell at the upper right?

If so, then you should be able to click on the red dot.. open the message and have the option to ignore or dismiss the error at the bottom,  which should be fine to do if you know it is in fact all setup correctly.

The diagnostic messages can sometimes give false positives and can often take quite a while to self clear once an issue is no longer an issue as they rely on the site being crawled as googlebot.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here