Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to get desired custom report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I want to keep track of users logged into the website and collect information like:

1) user id.

2) date and time visited.

3)country.

4) from page and to page.

currently i have created custom report to give these data and custom dimension to track these activities but i am unable to get desired report.

for example: if user A log into my website and visits page1, page2, page3 and then logs out then i want my report table to contain three rows. which metric to choose for this or all these data should be sent as custom metric?And how can we capture a string value for custom metric?

Thanking you!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to get desired custom report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi test a,

Assuming that you've stored the user ID in custom dimension 1, a flat-table custom report containing the dimensions (columns)

Custom Variable (Value 01)
Hour of Day
Country
Page

and some relevant metric should do the job.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph,

I have created custom report same as you said but i am unable to find a suitable metric for it. When i choose page/session, i am unable to get complete list(i mean all the pages visited by the user, i am able to get only few instances).

could you please suggest any metric that would do this job?

Can store string value to a custom metric??

Thanking you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

be sure to use a page-compliant metric like pageviews in your custom report. Also, the custom dimension should be hit-scoped when analysed together with page data. You can't store character strings with custom metrics, only with custom dimensions.

Christoph