AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to get desired custom report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I want to keep track of users logged into the website and collect information like:

1) user id.

2) date and time visited.

3)country.

4) from page and to page.

currently i have created custom report to give these data and custom dimension to track these activities but i am unable to get desired report.

for example: if user A log into my website and visits page1, page2, page3 and then logs out then i want my report table to contain three rows. which metric to choose for this or all these data should be sent as custom metric?And how can we capture a string value for custom metric?

Thanking you!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to get desired custom report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi test a,

Assuming that you've stored the user ID in custom dimension 1, a flat-table custom report containing the dimensions (columns)

Custom Variable (Value 01)
Hour of Day
Country
Page

and some relevant metric should do the job.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph,

I have created custom report same as you said but i am unable to find a suitable metric for it. When i choose page/session, i am unable to get complete list(i mean all the pages visited by the user, i am able to get only few instances).

could you please suggest any metric that would do this job?

Can store string value to a custom metric??

Thanking you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

be sure to use a page-compliant metric like pageviews in your custom report. Also, the custom dimension should be hit-scoped when analysed together with page data. You can't store character strings with custom metrics, only with custom dimensions.

Christoph