3.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

UA code showing up on website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a UA number code that is showing up in the left-hand corner of my website. I was told to deactivate Google Analytics to see if it went away. It did not. I have checked with BlueHost and VolTheme and no one knows how to get that code off of my website. Please help!! www.roomsfilledwithtreasures.com 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Darlene H :-)

I'm not sure what you mean by deactivating google analytics.

How was the tracking code initially added to your website?

Were you using a plugin or did you edit the code in one of the theme files in some way?

Welcome to the GA Advertiser Community! Click to read the Community Guidelines:

Re: UA code showing up on website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for responding. I was using the Google Analytics plugin and I
typed in the UA code to activate it. I've contacted so many people now I
don't remember who told me to deactivate it, but I removed it from my
plugins on my website; but the code showing up on my webpages didn't go
away. I have attached a screen shot of my website so you can see the code
in the top left-hand corner. Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
I did look at your site and can see the code.

The only thing i can suggest is to use the WordPress editor to look at your current active theme's header.php file and see if that bit of code is visible in it after the opening body tag.

If you are not familiar with editing wp theme files, then please seek the services of someone who is, so as to not break your website.

Unfortunately when it comes to issues with 3rd party plugins not working as expected, then you should seek support via the plugin creator. They will be able to tell you of any known issues or may know of an easy way to fix the issue you are currently having.
If you got the plugin from wordpress.org, then go to the plugin page and look for the plugin's support link and make a post about the issue and the plugin developer should be able to assist.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Welcome to the GA Advertiser Community! Click to read the Community Guidelines:

Experts in the Topic
Bronwyn V