Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Two Tracking snippet on one webpage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, I have been trying to do this from few days but something always comes up as error!

I have one website with five sub pages. Each of one has same GA UA script. 

I wanted some leads to grow my current plan. This time i have designed and developed a landing page. This one is the sixth webpage here. 

The question here is; I need to track my website from (for Example UA-XXX1) and my landing page which is sixth webpage from UA-XXX2. 

Once I implemented these scripts. It shows error. 

Well Why? 

Anyone Please help me out here!

Re: Two Tracking snippet on one webpage

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
What errors are you geting? Please share that.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Two Scripts cannot be added. It might not have accurate results!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nitin,
I have tested on one of my test site , I'm not getting any errors. Where you getting this error? wordpress?

"Adding multiple instances of the Universal Analytics Tracking code (analytics.js) to a web page/s is generally not a problem, but you’ve got to modify the snippet for each property you are setting up to view the data."

"Check that you haven’t got two instances of the exact same code snippet for the exact same property installed on your site. This can happen in WordPress for example, due to an Analytics plugin with the same property ID added as the code snippet added in the theme settings. Remove either one or the other, or modify one of them to suit different users in your GA account."

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes my website is wordpress and my landing page is HTML.

How would i modify the Script?

So, can you explain me briefly...
The problem here I am facing is i have created two properties in same Analytic account and I want to add two these two scripts on a specific HTML webpage and the rest pages are wordpress.

These are the two scripts:
( UA-72506899-1', 'auto');
( UA-72506899-2', 'auto');