AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Traffic seems much lower than what it should be

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was recently asked to pull a 2015 report from GA on a website. GA has been tracking data all year round so it seems like all is setup correctly. However, the numbers seem very low. The website is for an event in 2015 that had 16,000 people register and participate yet GA is telling me that only 3,000 users visited the site in all of 2015. I don't get it. There are no view filters setup so it's not that. The site can be seen here: http://www.chwevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=1130&pg=entry

Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brent K
January 2016

Re: Traffic seems much lower than what it should be

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brent,

Your tracking code is not installed properly. Google Tag Assistant reports an error "No HTTP response detected". Please try to reinstall the tracking code. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brent K
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brent,

Your tracking code is not installed properly. Google Tag Assistant reports an error "No HTTP response detected". Please try to reinstall the tracking code. Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well that's unfortunate. THANKS for the answer. Why would some traffic be showing up though?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, I just replaced the tracking code with a new block of code from GA. Does all look good to you now?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
The tracking code is installed properly now.

The cookie domain in the old code was set to alsrun.com, maybe you have the same tracking code installed elsewhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
alsrun.com is the domain we publicize but that just redirects to the URL I gave you above. Maybe it's very old code and the site used to sit at alsrun.com?? Well, thanks for your help! Much appreciated!