Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking views based on a field in webpage

[ Edited ]
MGP
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
MGP
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We have a support site with the URL in support.example.com/article/xyz123 format. We have multiple products on which article are created. There is applicable products section on every web page which is used to track page views as events for a particular product. I use this custom event to only look at metric for the product that i am interested in. But this report only displays some metrics and other metric like, bounce rate, avg time on page etc. is shown as 0.

Is there any other way to track page view and other metrics using the applicable product section on the web page?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if I understand your question. You can view page views and more in: Behavior > Site Content  > All Pages

MGP
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
MGP
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam,

What you suggested gives me the metric of all pages. I would like to get metric of sub-set of pages based on the product the article applies to. Since the URL of the site is in "support.example.com/article/xyz123 we cant use the URL to filter by products.

We already have a custom event which records the product so i can filter metric based only on the products that i am interested in. But that event does not capture bounce rate and avg time on page.

I wanted to know if there is any other way to track page view based on keywords within a particular section of the page.