AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking time on exit pages

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is there a way to track time user spent on an exit page?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Yuri,

You can try to send an event(I advice you to use non-interaction event) on page unload and set the number of seconds spent as event value.

I hope this helps.

Regards. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you. I was aware about the solution described in the second article. I just was hoping that GA by now has implemented some other API features that would allow to track engagement in visits with single page view or/and on exit pages. But it looks like the two timestamps and transport = beacon is the best solution so far.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I started to write an article based on my research for a few last days on the topic. It describes the possible solution and provides the code for on-site tracker implementation (without GTM). But it hasn't been tested yet much, and is rather an experiment. So all the suggestions and corrections would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the article - https://goo.gl/cxnWMO