AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking the daily *count* of unique/distinct values.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As an example say I have an online video rental and would like to track total *unique* movies being rented per day how do I track and get reports on this?

On a day when I rented

Star Wars to 10 users

Toy story to  2 users

The total unique movies is 2 (Star wars and Toy story)

I am looking to get a graph of unique movies per day.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Supposedly your movies are tracked as dimensions in google analytics. In this case, you'd hardly find any convenient way to calculate the count of unique dimensions in GA report. The only workaround is looking at the number of lines in the bottom of the report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately this solution will not give me a *graph of the unique movies per day, it just gives me the *count of unique movies for a given day. Do you happen to know if this is even doable in GA?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It's not available in GA as far as I know. Consider using google sheets with analytics add-on to make regular reporting with some sort of pivot \ aggregation