Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking performance for Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using Unbounce to create and test different variations of a landing page and I have installed the tracking code correctly on the landing page.  I am told that I should see the event displayed in RealTime/Events but there is nothing being tracked?  How do I see the performance of each variation?

Thanks,

DCohn

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi DCohn,

If you are using unbounce, you can see the performance in unbounce dashboard itself. Have you tested the GA tracking code after implementing using Google Tag Assistant?

Thanks,

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Suradha,

Thanks for the reply.  From what I see, Unbounce only reports clicks on call-to-actions (CTA's) but does not follow the user. Where can I find more information on Google Tag Assistant? Does it requires a distinctive code on each page variation?

Thanks,

Dan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Dan C,

did you integrated google analytics via unbounce Script Manager (Sub Domain level) or on a single unbounce site (page level)?

I use unbouce too, and the analytics tracking works super via Script Manager.

The path from every unboune page(version) is displayed in google analytics like this /site/a, /site/b etc. the last latter is the page variant. 

David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

David,

Thanks for your reply.  With Unbounce, I did not set up a sub-domain (sub.site.com), but rather install the tracking code using the script manager for the page. If I really search, I can find the landing page in GA with the a and b on the landing pages, however, Im looking for a report that consists of all metrics regarding all the variations performance, comparing each

Thanks,

DCohn.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Dan C,

the easiest way measure the performance of your unbounce landingpages is, to create a custom segment. You can use the following regular expression to combine all unbounce variations/ sites in one segment:

^\/[^\/]*/[a-z]{1}(\?.*|)$

This regex only works under the following conditions:

- Your unbounce path structur is /unbounce/a or /unbounce/b?parameter 

- There is no other site witch ends with /a (slash + single letter)

Test the regex in the "All Sites" report before creating the segment. The advantage of a segment is, that you can use all default report in GA to measure the performance of your landingpages.

Hope this helps.

David