Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking pardot forms placed in iframe on the website.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have gated forms that are coming from Pardot. I want to track these forms (formviews + Submissions) via google tag manager for google analytics.
All the forms are placed in iframe in my website, so, I am experiencing difficulty in tracking those

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

You'll possibly want to look into the following

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_google_analytics_connector.htm&type=0

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sahil,

You'll have to use the parent.postMessage() function from the iFrame to track Pardot iFrame based form completions in Google Analytics and keep your original traffic source/medium and not the Pardot form URL.

In your Pardot form builder completion actions tab you'll have to add code that let's the iFrame parent (your website domain) know that the Pardot form has successfully been submitted. You then can use GTM to listen for this event and trigger a Google Analytics tag to fire when the Pardot lead form has been completed.

Here is a step by step guide Pardot iFrame Form tracking in Google Analytics check it out.

Tracking Pardot iFrame in Google Analytics using Google Tag Manager can be difficult. Hopefully this guide makes it much easier.

Ryan Praskievicz

www.ryanpraski.com