AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking multiple site pages with same url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have google analytics now but it's very difficult to see what pages are what. The tracking is for an online application within our ATS (IBM Kenexa). The URL itself doesn't change but id gives a interaction ID to each. So it can attache that application to the candidate. I was wondering if there was a way to label a tracking code then put it on each page.. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Wayne O,

You can set the page path or title virtually while you are firing the pageview command:

var pagePath = 'yourPagePath' // you can write a function to assign this value dynamically

ga('send', 'pageview', pagePath);

I hope this helps to solve your issue.

Regards

Re: Tracking multiple site pages with same url?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Güney K

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. 

It's been a long time since I've done anything with coding. So if i am understanding correctly i can put that code after the pageview?

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-55206533-2', 'auto');var pagePath = 'yourPagePath' //
ga('send', 'pageview',  pagePath');

</script>

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

@Wayne O

Yes, it will be something like that but you need to assign the value for pagePath to differentiate your pages that are under same URL. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Güney K

I'll give this a try! Thank you very much. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Güney K

Once i put  the code on the pages will Google Analytics show the pagePath i set?OR do i need to make special reports to show them?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

@Wayne O,

You will be overriding the default page path dimension value, by providing it on your pageview command. So, you do not need to create any special report because your Page dimension will get the value that you assign.

I hope this helps,

Regards