2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking after a community based website, the original site had google analytics set up with a tracking code, the site has now been upgraded and moved to a different host with a new google gmail address and new google + , I am trying to set up social media etc, we have purchased oursite.org.au and I was trying to set up google analytics for that site but now I have lost where I used to view the original analytics data. I tried to set up the com.au again but was issued with a different tracking code, my question is can I replace the new tracking code with the old one?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking code

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Permaculture,

If you replace it with a new one you'll lose your historical data comparison.  You can try a different Google account or you can follow the steps for recovering the old. 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

That said, it's generally not good to have two versions of the same site (if that's what you're doing). 

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn