AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking after a community based website, the original site had google analytics set up with a tracking code, the site has now been upgraded and moved to a different host with a new google gmail address and new google + , I am trying to set up social media etc, we have purchased oursite.org.au and I was trying to set up google analytics for that site but now I have lost where I used to view the original analytics data. I tried to set up the com.au again but was issued with a different tracking code, my question is can I replace the new tracking code with the old one?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking code

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Permaculture,

If you replace it with a new one you'll lose your historical data comparison.  You can try a different Google account or you can follow the steps for recovering the old. 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

That said, it's generally not good to have two versions of the same site (if that's what you're doing). 

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn