Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking code that does not belong to me on some pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On several pages of my site there is a tracking code that is not mine. When I use the Google Publisher tool it displays the tracking code and says I don't have access to this property. I don't understand how this code got into my site. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1locoDJ
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Which one is your tracking ID?

The page you linked to has UA-199268-12 which is added via an iframe and belongs to the widget that is pulling in some info from an rss feed

UA-33258864-1 is installed incorrectly, as it is being added both via a plugin:
GADWP v5.1.1 Universal Analytics - https://deconf.com/google-analytics-dashboard-wordpress/

but there also appears to be another tracking code snippet added to the site pages, configured slightly, differently for the same tracking id.

Multiple copies of tracking code for the same tracking id will lead to incorrect data

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you able to provide a link to one of the pages in question so as one of us can check it via browser?
sometimes 3rd party services used on sites (eg vimeo) use their own tracking 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully you will get this. It keeps coming back to me with temporary failure.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: The Google Advertiser Community <en.advertisercommunity@advertisercommunity.com>
Cc: 
Bcc: 
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 12:56:36 -0700
Subject: Re: You Received a Reply! (Tracking code that does not belong to me on some pages)

Thank you.

The page is my website, but the UA number is not.

Let me know what you think. 
Thanks again.
DJ
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1locoDJ
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Which one is your tracking ID?

The page you linked to has UA-199268-12 which is added via an iframe and belongs to the widget that is pulling in some info from an rss feed

UA-33258864-1 is installed incorrectly, as it is being added both via a plugin:
GADWP v5.1.1 Universal Analytics - https://deconf.com/google-analytics-dashboard-wordpress/

but there also appears to be another tracking code snippet added to the site pages, configured slightly, differently for the same tracking id.

Multiple copies of tracking code for the same tracking id will lead to incorrect data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much. My code is the second one. I now understand how to fix it. Kudo's!

DJ