AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking code problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I somehow made a big mistake when trying to change my default url in Analytics to the non-www version of my domain name. http://bit.ly/2a5fYaO 

As a result, my Analytics home page now shows two properties with the same name. The tracking code is the same for both but one has a "-1" after it (UA-xxxxxxxx-1) and the other has a "-2" ((UA-xxxxxxxx-2). How do I correct this?

Thank you!

Re: Tracking code problem

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Aquabond,

It looks that now your page doesn't have Google Analytics tracking code - is it deliberate or some sort of mistake? As for your question: changing default URL in Analytics doesn't create another property. To create one, you need to do it manually.

It's impossible for one code to send data to 2 different properties. Could you please include some screenshots so we could see what is the problem that you're experiencing?