AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking code mismatch for website

4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have one tracking ID in G Suite Analytics, and before we switched to G Suite (for business) it was different since it was connected to a different gmail account (regular private gmail account). Both of the ID's should do the analytics for the exactly same site, but we cannot access Google analytics which was previously connected to private @gmail account. It's like it does not exist anymore, although we did receive notification regarding the Google Analytics view deletion to that particular email.

It is very important to us not to lose the analytics which we have been collecting for over 2 years now.

Can you please advise on how to restore Google Analytics view which was scheduled for deletion, since our Google Analytics is attached to G Suite (for business) account and not to  @gmail.com (private gmail account)? We have already tried to find it in "Trash" under admin tab, but it's not there since that "Trash" is new and it belongs to G Suite (for business) account. 

It's not possible anymore to access Google Analytics from that private gmail account which was originally the account which we used to access Google Analytics. Is there a way we can change that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
It would need to be accessed via the private gmail account.
Sounds like you may have to do an account recovery. You will need to create an adwords account to access the support options .. this does not cost anything to do.
there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about the account recovery process
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
4 g
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you for your reply. Should we create an adwords account by using private gmail account to which the Google Analytics used to be connected with before we switched to G Suite for business or by administrator account in G Suite?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To be honest, i dont know.
If it were me, I would do it via the GSuite admin account

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here