AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking a PDF on a website that is created with the GoDaddy website builder

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company website is created by the website builder on GoDaddy. On our main page, there is a link where people can click and a PDF opens. We want to track, how many people click on that link to see the PDF. Google Analytics is implemented on our site, but we can't see if anybody clicked on that link.

I chatted with GoDaddy about this problem, but they couldn't help. They said that Google Analytics should be able to help.

Since there is no phone support for Google Analytics (according to the Google Help Line), I am posting my question here.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking a PDF on a website that is created with the GoDaddy website builder

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Marcel,

GoDaddy.. never ceases to amaze me.  Smiley Happy  My recommendation is to switch to Google Tag Manager (GTM) and use the built in listerners for this... or use autotrack.. if website builder will let you.

Here is more info on auto track:

https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/autotrack/

Lastly you could use inline JS but I would not recommend it.

Hope that works for you.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn