AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Search Engine Queries Across Multiple Sub Domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We have web stores set up across a main domain and various sub domains. For example www.example.com, shop1.example.com, shop2.example.com, shop3.example.com. The main www.example.com store is a catch-all shop that shows all products from the individual side stores. I have analytics configured correctly (I assume) and the code appears on all pages no matter what the sub domain.

The problem I'm having is that when we drill down into the Acquisition > Search Engine Queries data, we're only see about 4 queries and none from the subdomains. If I use the search console and view Search Traffic > Search Analytics, I can see queries against each sub domain, so I know they're being tracked. Is there any way to combine all of these together?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Search Engine Queries Across Multiple Sub Domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Richard,
You can only associate one domain/subdomain that's registered in Search Console with one property (but multiple views) in GA I'm afraid.
I believe this feature is available in roll-up properties in Google Analytics premium, but not in free.