Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Multiple Eflyers Through Multiple Platforms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am brand new to Google Analytics, and I'm working on a project that, on its face, seems pretty daunting. We have multiple eflyers that we're sending out on (so far) two different platforms. The internal analytics on these platforms don't provide a lot of data, and we want to use Google Analytics to track how each individual eflyer performed on both platforms. I've created three distinct URLs that all route back to our WordPress site's homepage with Google's URL Builder and uniquely tagged each URL with the eflyer name and the email platform we're sending it out on. How do I integrate that back into our WordPress site with Google Analytics? Do I need to create three tracking codes, or is there a way to collapse it all into one line of code?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Multiple Eflyers Through Multiple Platforms

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Robby,

You've already done what you need to do; that is, use utm parameters. These sound like the same campaigns/list so you may want to use utm_content to differentiate the two platforms. There is noting required except that you have GA code on your WP site.

The data you are looking for will be in the Acquisition section under campaigns or under source/medium.

Happy Analyzing!

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn