AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Multiple Analytics Providers On One URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the best practices in tracking multiple analytics sources in one URL? For example, I have a client that wants to use Core Metrics and Google Analytics. What is the best structure of the URL to track with both UTM tracking and Core Metrics tracking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lizzy P
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Lizzy P,

As far as I know, Core Metrics is using different parameter(cm_mmc) than UTM parameters(utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign ...) that Google Analytics uses for identifying the acquisition. For this reason, you should have both Analytics tools' URL query parameters on your URLs.

In this case, Google Analytics reports will display the parameter that you use for Core Metrics. You can exclude it by listing it inside the "Exclude URL Query Parameters" in Google Analytics view settings.

I hope this helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lizzy P
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Lizzy P,

As far as I know, Core Metrics is using different parameter(cm_mmc) than UTM parameters(utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign ...) that Google Analytics uses for identifying the acquisition. For this reason, you should have both Analytics tools' URL query parameters on your URLs.

In this case, Google Analytics reports will display the parameter that you use for Core Metrics. You can exclude it by listing it inside the "Exclude URL Query Parameters" in Google Analytics view settings.

I hope this helps.

Regards