2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage a friend's blog/website. The url was cheapchicas.com, but then she redid her website under lillianavazquez.com and now has cheapchicas.com and thelvguide.com pointing to lillianavazquez.com. When the site was cheapchicas.com it had tracking that seemed to be working great and accurately, but since the new site launched in March numbers have been very low. It turned out that there were two sets of tracking codes on the site, so we removed once. However, it's been a month and our numbers still seem very low. We host giveaway and my friend is on the Today Show every week, the numbers should be higher. Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Confirm that the tracking code is tracking properly -- visit the site yourself and see if your clicks appear in the RealTime reports in Google Analytics within a couple of seconds.

If not, then there may be something left over from the old configuration that is preventing the clicks from registering properly. Maybe a filter or Referral Exclusion Filter setting?
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Tracking Issues

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.

Also check for any filters applied at the GA view level.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.