Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking ID status "Tracking not installed" despite being installed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I copied and pasted my HTML snippet into my page(before </head> closing tag), but Tracking ID was showing status "Tracking not installed". So I made a analyticstracking.php file and included it right after a <body> tag, but problem persists. FYI, page is made entirely in code editor, so no templates, no code alteration after saving, just uploading to servers. I am using Bootstrap and jQuery frameworks, couldn't it be the matter? Page URL is " lenimentus.xyz ". Thank you for your answer.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam K
November 2015

Re: Tracking ID status "Tracking not installed" despite bein

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,

Your code is fine, you can move it back to the head tag. Data is being sent to Google Analytics from the site. If you have just added the code you need to wait 24-48h for the tracking status to update. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I thought it was already because there is statement like " Last checked: Nov 10, 2015 3:16:11 AM PST " in that section and that misled me. Thank you very much for checking and providing information. Best regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

When in doubt, use the Real-Time reports to see if traffic is flowing into your account.
The "Tracking not installed" notice is a leftover from the old tracking code detection engine in the admin. Don't pay it much attention, unless it's still there next month ;-)
You can also use the Tag Assistant for Chrome or Hub'Scan to test whether your tags are properly installed and collect data.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can now see that my tag is properly working in Real-Time report, many thanks to You both.