AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Facebook paid ads using GA

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

We have a few ads running on our Facebook page. Both ads use the Leads Form and both ads redirect to our website when they click the, "Learn More" button. 

After looking at tons of articles and videos on YouTube, I can't seem to track traffic coming from my Facebook paid ads in GA. I have UTM codes added in both the ads and have a campaign source, medium, and name for the UTM parameters, but it's still not being tracked. With that said, I'm not entirely sure if our traffic IS being tracked, but is being tracked under "direct" or "referral" or something, or if it's not being tracked at all. Also, when I search for "Campaign" in GA, it only gives me one campaign and its "(not set)". How do I fix this dilemma?

Help please!

Capture.PNG

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Did you use the Google URL builder, or did you create the URLs manually?

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used Google UTM builder. I was on call with Google Support for about 40 minutes yesterday and trying to research ways to solve this issue for another hour or two and I couldn't figure it out. Yet when I watch videos online people are easily able to track their paid ads. It's getting frustrating Smiley Sad

I have a question, in the UTM builder does the "UTM_source=facebook" or UTM_source=facebook.com"

This is what my URL looks like right now:
http://www.brivityidx.com/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=idx&utm_content=unique

What is wrong? Nothing shows up in my Campaign Dashboard...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

bump bump bump