Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Companies Visiting Website: Google Analytics or Other Tools?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Analytics Experts,

I have two questions:

1. Does Google Analytics allows you to track companies visiting your website? If so, how can I access this type of information from GA?

2. If not, are there "other tools" that will track the company visits and how frequently they visit?

a. are their free or inexpensive tools that you'd recommend and why?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arthur L
January 2016

Re: Tracking Companies Visiting Website: Google Analytics or Other Too

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1. sort of, and 2. sort of.

1. You can use the dimension Network Domain to indicate domain names of your visitors. Many larger companies have their own networks, and traffic from their firewalls typically come from their domain. You can create a custom report that will show Network Domain and Users/Pageviews to manually scan for domains of interest to you.

2. Some services use that information and filter out the generic service provider-type sources so you can see corporate domains only. The ones I have seen (like leadlander or visualvisitor or whoisvisiting) are paid services that link to external information.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arthur L
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1. sort of, and 2. sort of.

1. You can use the dimension Network Domain to indicate domain names of your visitors. Many larger companies have their own networks, and traffic from their firewalls typically come from their domain. You can create a custom report that will show Network Domain and Users/Pageviews to manually scan for domains of interest to you.

2. Some services use that information and filter out the generic service provider-type sources so you can see corporate domains only. The ones I have seen (like leadlander or visualvisitor or whoisvisiting) are paid services that link to external information.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow. That's pretty nifty stuff, Mike.

How long have you been doing this? What are your specialties?