Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Mismatch - Happened after uploading site map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. 

I received an error message that says "tracking code mismatch. tracking code on page on my website does not match the property at tracking ID 91...."

I do not know how to fix this. It popped up after I submitted a site map to be indexed. 

Any help greatly appreciated!

Janet

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The error means that the tracking code on one or more pages on your site are using a tracking ID that does not belong to your property.

Please check if all pages on your website are using the tracking ID found in Admin -> Property -> Property Settings. You can check what tracking ID is used on your site using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tks for replying Arnold.

I installed the Chrome extension and I found a "web property ID...UA2...." that is completely different than the one in the error message. Am I supposed to input the new number? If so, how? I am still unsure how this happened.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

You need to input the number from your property settings. It depends on your site setup how can you do it. If it's a Wordpress site, it's either in your theme settings or there is a google analytics plugin. We'd need to check your site to be able to provide more specific help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again.

So, it turns out I created the problem after I added a Google Analytics Tracker. I don't know how...but it went undetected from Feb-April. I have removed the tracker code from my website. Now Google says the problem is resolved, but the Tracking ID is still 9------- ID code that was the problem not the original 29--------- code it was originally assigned.

So, my question is have I created another problem or is this okay? How long will I have to wait for my site to start indexing properly again?

Thank you in advance. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, and real-time traffic reports will not work.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

If there is the correct tracking ID on the site you should see data coming in in a few hours. Real time should start reporting also.

Let me know if everything is ok.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Fingers crossed, I think I am back on track. Thank you Arnold!