AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Mismatch HELP SOMEONE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone tell me how to fix it please

The default URL http://www.theoliverplunkett.com, for property UA-38861609-1 has no tracking code for this property, although it does have tracking codes for other properties:

• UA-30552368-1
  • UA-38860415-1

If your Tracking ID and your Default URL setting are out of sync, you don't get valid data in your Analytics account for the Default URL.

Either update the tracking code to use the Tracking ID for propertyThe Oliver Plunkett Bar, or open the Property Settings to update the Default URL for property The Oliver Plunkett Bar to behttp://www.theoliverplunkett.com. (i made sure this part is ok)

Regards,

Anna

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Code Mismatch HELP SOMEONE

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You have tracking code on your site for UA-30552368-1 and UA-38860415-1. You have no tracking code for UA-38861609-1 on your site. You need to add tracking code for the property to the website.
I'd also recommend to upgrade to Universal Analytics. You can find the tracking code in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code
You'll need to set up multiple trackers because you're tracking multiple properties. Please check the document below.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

The case is that i'm tracking only one property for the last 5 years and only recently i got this alert. What changed?

Kind Regards,

Anna Lapot

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
As Arnold said, you don't have the tracking code for UA-38861609-1 on your site. Did you do any dev update on this page / site recently?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

No we haven't done any changes to our website.

Kind Regards,

Anna Lapot

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Oliver,

The default URL setting impacts the reporting but doesn't impact the data collection on the GA property. As long as the GA tracking code is on the website, the data will be collected in the relevant GA property.

So, it looks like you need to add the tracking code of the GA property UA-38861609-1 in order to start collecting the data again.