Analytics
7K members online now
7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Added, Reports Overview not collecting page hits + other data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As stated, I've added the tracking code to my landing page.

The problem: The overview screen (unfiltered) is not registering my page hits as I'm testing it.

What's confusing: The test traffic works, I can see 2 active sessions from the 2 browsers (so I know the code is working to that degree) I'm using to view my site, but back to the overview unfiltered screen, no page views/sessions are being recorded.

• analytics active sessions.pnganalytics page views.pngTo reiterate, I have not added any filters, especially IP address filtering.
    maybe you can try to view the page so I can see if it registers the hits (My site)

What's the issue? How can I resolve It?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Rocky T

Everythings seems to be implemented correctly, the pageview tag fires and data is definitely sent to Analytics. The only things I can think of to check are:

1) Verify that you are indeed using the correct Tracking ID. Go to Admin -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code and check if the code is the same as the one implemented on your site

2) Verify that you are opening the correct account/property/view in Analytics

3) Double-double check for filters - make sure to have and use an unfilterede view

4) Are you absolute certain that you do have any traffic?

Also, what you see in real-time reports are never "saved" instantly to other reports. All standard reports can take up to 48 hours to show any collected data.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My sites Backend is recording my own traffic, It's not being reflected in analytics. Image linked

1. I've again copied the Tracking code
  2. Checked I am viewing the correct property, property view.png
  3. No filters, all I have done is set up the properties, not further settings (my own IP isn't filtered)
  4. As for being sure if I have web traffic, I have used different devices and Proxy sites to access it, still not getting any hits on the overview (unfiltered)

Still unsure, does Analytics need a view count above a certain number? (only thing I can think of)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rocky T
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

SOLVED!

I looked into how often Analytics refreshes data. 24hrs.

The site is new and the code had just been implemented, There would be no collected data for 24-48 hours.

Thanks for your help @Phillip S

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, that was also part of my reply ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Philip,

I have implemented the GA code in all my pages but for one page its stating that Missing HTTP response. I have removed the code and again implemented but the same error is showing.

My Site Here is link.

Regards

Tirumal

J M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
J M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

your site link is down