Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Track profile visits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i have a community where i now want to track all visits on the users profile page and then show a graph of the daily visits for the specific user. (the profile page has subpages)

Is this possible to do with google analytics? If so, how?

This is what i have:

(function (i, s, o, g, r, a, m) {
            i['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] = r; i[r] = i[r] || function () {
                (i[r].q = i[r].q || []).push(arguments);
            }, i[r].l = 1 * new Date(); a = s.createElement(o),
            m = s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0]; a.async = 1; a.src=g; m.parentNode.insertBefore(a, m);
        })(window, document, 'script', '//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js', 'ga');
        ga('create', '[ID]', 'auto', { 'userId': '[CurrentUserId]});
        ga('send', 'pageview');

Re: Track profile visits

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
User ID variable is not available for reporting.
So, Assign the user id value to a custom dimension too so that it can be used in reports.

https://www.optimizesmart.com/complete-guide-cross-device-tracking-user-id-google-analytics/

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

'daily visits for the specific user', there is no way to identify a specific user because GA don't allow to track any personal identifiable information about the Visitor.

Alternatively you can create advanced segment to get information about the visitors to a particular page visiting X number of times or > x number of times.

Hope the alternate solution will bring you close to your requirement.

Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanx for the information.

The User Id variable is the authorized user id. Today i store all visits on a profile in the database. And then i can show unit visits on a specific profile. Is it possible to use google analytics to store this data and not in my database?