AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Timezone for Google Experiment results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a Google Experiment set up on our website, and when interpreting the results by day, I need to know the timezone used in the reports for the experiment.

I tried changing the timezone for the View (View Settings / Basic Settings / Time zone) but it doesn't seem to affect any of the metrics by day for the experiment reports. e.g. shift timezone from GMT-08:00 to GMT-00:00 and the number of sessions by day reported for each experiment variation does not change.

Are reports for Google Experiments all based on GMT? Is there a way to change the timezone for these reports?

Re: Timezone for Google Experiment results

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Changing the time zone only affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively. If you change the time zone for an existing view, you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This may be caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings, until our servers have processed the change.

reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1010249?hl=en

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.