Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Timezone for Google Experiment results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a Google Experiment set up on our website, and when interpreting the results by day, I need to know the timezone used in the reports for the experiment.

I tried changing the timezone for the View (View Settings / Basic Settings / Time zone) but it doesn't seem to affect any of the metrics by day for the experiment reports. e.g. shift timezone from GMT-08:00 to GMT-00:00 and the number of sessions by day reported for each experiment variation does not change.

Are reports for Google Experiments all based on GMT? Is there a way to change the timezone for these reports?

Re: Timezone for Google Experiment results

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Changing the time zone only affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively. If you change the time zone for an existing view, you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This may be caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings, until our servers have processed the change.

reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1010249?hl=en

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.