Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Three site funnelling into single Third party shopping cart

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking for suggestions on how to setup an commerce installation. I have a client that has three sites that run in three different GA accounts with three different UA numbers.

He wants to setup commerce tracking for them through GTM. His ecommerce shopping cart is the same for all three sites and they all get funnelled to the same address. 

I was thinking of setting this up with a triple tracker on the shopping cart so that whatever site referred to the shopping cart it would-be captured. However I am not sure that this would be the best solutions.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best way to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Three site funnelling into single Third party shopping cart

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Simon - so an easy approach would be to determine the referrer on your 3rd party shopping cart and based on that value assign a respective tracking Id. You will probably need custom js variable in order to achieve this.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you think we'd be able to implement the custom js through GTM?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes it is doable via GTM. A prerequsite would be to have one single GTM continer published for the 3rd party site. Basically you would need to create a {{Referrer Hostname}} variable and evaluate it and respectively assign the tracking id. Once it is assigned drop a cookie to persist the value if there are multiple pages on the 3rd party site.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net