AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tag Assistant: This hit's tracking code library does not match...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am investigating tracking irregularities in a clients website using, among other things, Google Tag Assistant. I have recorded a session with GTA.

Starting halfway through the session the hits get the following warning:

"This hit's tracking code library does not match the tracking code library used in the other hits."

While I know what that means (and if I did not there is a help link to explain the message) I am unclear how this would apply to my case - Google Analytics is served to the page via a single Google Tag Manager instance, and while there are several different GA tags they are all based on the build-in Universal Analytics tag template. 

The page uses Enhanced E-Commerce tracking and I have just noticed that EEC is enabled only on tags that actually send E-Commerce Data (the page does pageview tracking first, ecommerce data is pushed after DOM ready and transmitted via event tracking). Could this be the reason for the message ?

I am not convinced this has anything to do with my original problem (missing e-commerce data, which might as well be a timing issue with the tracking events), but I do not want to rely on guesswork so I hope anybody has insights to share.

Thank you for your time,

Eike

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tag Assistant: This hit's tracking code library does not match...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Eike, 

Are you sure that the Analytics code is the from Universal Analytics (analytics.js) and not Classic Google Analytics? 

Also are you sure that your ehanced e-commerce code is up to date? 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’