Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Tag Assistant: This hit's tracking code library does not match...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am investigating tracking irregularities in a clients website using, among other things, Google Tag Assistant. I have recorded a session with GTA.

Starting halfway through the session the hits get the following warning:

"This hit's tracking code library does not match the tracking code library used in the other hits."

While I know what that means (and if I did not there is a help link to explain the message) I am unclear how this would apply to my case - Google Analytics is served to the page via a single Google Tag Manager instance, and while there are several different GA tags they are all based on the build-in Universal Analytics tag template. 

The page uses Enhanced E-Commerce tracking and I have just noticed that EEC is enabled only on tags that actually send E-Commerce Data (the page does pageview tracking first, ecommerce data is pushed after DOM ready and transmitted via event tracking). Could this be the reason for the message ?

I am not convinced this has anything to do with my original problem (missing e-commerce data, which might as well be a timing issue with the tracking events), but I do not want to rely on guesswork so I hope anybody has insights to share.

Thank you for your time,

Eike

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tag Assistant: This hit's tracking code library does not match...

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Eike, 

Are you sure that the Analytics code is the from Universal Analytics (analytics.js) and not Classic Google Analytics? 

Also are you sure that your ehanced e-commerce code is up to date? 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’