AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Sub domain Google Analytics tracking issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I would like to have your help regarding the issue of tracking code implementation. Let me provide you the situation, currently I have a main website as firsthomepremium.vn . Now I created a sub domain as thuduc.firsthomepremium.vn and for that I would like to know if I have to insert new tracking code into the sub domain site to start tracking or it's possible using the main website Google Analytics property to access the analytic data of this new sub domain site ? If so what steps should I take to do that ? 

When I turn on the Page Analytics extension on Google Chrome, I still can see the Analytics bar but when I click to view detail in Google Analytics report, I can't see any collected data 

I really appreciate your response regard to this issue.

Thank you,

Long, Nguyen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sub domain Google Analytics tracking issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Long
Yes, you can use the same code for the subdomain. However, it will still be seen as a referrer if people click back and forth between the main domain and the subdomain. You'll need to add the domain and subdomain to the referral exclusion list if this is not what you want.

Regarding the in-page analytics problem you're seeing. This is a separate issue that's known by Google. There is, unfortunately, no ETA on when it's going to be fixed.