AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Split GA web app account into iOS & Android, separate accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found out that the GA account used for my mobile app is set as a web application. Can you please let me know what implications we might have if we changed this to two accounts, one for Android (as mobile app Android SDK), and the second for iOS (as mobile app iOS SDK)? We need this in order to integrate the GA SDKs in to the mobile app android and iOS versions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Split GA web app account into iOS & Android, separate accounts.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tinu,

When an app is selected, information is presented differently and customized reports are available in the GA interface.  Regardless of web or app all the data is available in custom reports or for use in data studio.  That said, having the app layout is indeed easier.

That said, you don't need to create a new account.  You can create a new property within the account and select app. You can then create filtered views for each operating system and you're all set.  Or you can create a property for each os.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn